Butterball turkey: Are you a 'super turkey user'?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One of my favorite morning rituals is reading the Financial Times. Tightly written, worldly, it always makes me feel like I understand how the world actually works. (It takes only a few seconds to register, but it's mandatory.)
Invariably, I find at least one piece that brings a genuine smile to my face. Yesterday it was an interview with Keith Shoemaker, chief executive of Butterball, the turkey conglomerate.
Fact: The company does 36 percent of its annual business during this quarter.
Fact: This is an industry phrase -- "super turkey user."
Fact: About 20,000 people call the Butterball hotline on Thanksgiving for cooking tips.
Enjoy the interview. And happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment