Philadelphia Marathon Results 2010

Monday, November 22, 2010

The 17th Annual Philadelphia Marathon came to a finish Sunday with Daniel Vassallo of the United States the winner of the men's race.
"I was kind of overcome by emotion a couple times today," he said. "At 24 miles, I was like, 'Gosh, I'm going to do this.' At 26, when they were playing the music ('Chariots of Fire') and calling my name, I got very emotional, especially with all I've been through this year."
Vassalo's final time was 2 hours, 21 minutes, and 28 seconds.
In the women's race, Mariska Kramer of the Netherlands came in first place with a time of 2 hours, 38 minutes, and 55 seconds.
Both winners receive $3,500 in cash as a reward.
Runner-up for the men's race was David Bedoya of Somerville with a time of 2 hours, 23 minutes, and 37 seconds.
Runner-up for the women's race was Ramila Burangulova of Gainesville, FL,  with a final mark of 2 hours, 40 minutes, and 40 seconds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment